Thursday, March 12, 2009
I think we are going to make it!!!!
The Hostetter's have had a constant string of yuckiness for the last month or so. It all started with Troy, Tate, and Trin getting some form of the flu. Trin , I think, threw up for like 6 days straight. She was feeling so miserable that I would bring her to our bed, and every night in the midst of deep sleep - the sound of throw up everywhere! I changed that bed so many times, and had countless towels full of it. At like day 5 of Trinity's throw up cycle I took her to the doctor to see if it was normal for a kid to throw up for that long. I learned that it is normal, even for like a week! Anyways, on the way home, she started getting upset, so I grabbed her as Troy was driving, and she threw up all over me- like 3 times, and A LOT! I stripped her down and grabbed my coat to cover me, and she feel asleep the rest of the way home. When we got home, Troy took her and I went straight to the bathroom. I am not kidding, I was soaked all the way to my underwear. The parts of motherhood that no one told you about!! :) So, as we finished the throw up party at our house, Tanner got a fever of almost 104 and had strep throat. He finished one round of medicine, but was still not himself. I went back to the doctor to have him throw up all over the doctor office carpet ( that was totally fun also!). He just finished up his 2nd round of medicine yesterday, but some how managed to pass the cold part of it to Trin. I took her to the doctor on Monday because of her 104 temp on Sunday night. She had RSV, pneumonia, and an ear infection. The had to do x-rays, draw blood, suck out her boogers(to check for RSV), check her oxygen levels, do a neb, and give her a shot of antibiotics. They almost put her in the hospital, but her oxygen level was pretty good and we thought she would do better at home where she is used to. She is doing nebs every 4 hours, and on a oral steroid for her lungs and antibiotics, and doing a lot better. She still does not want to eat much yet, but is drinking fine. I also had to take Tyce in yesterday for the same junk, and Trin was not wanting to have anything to do with the doctors office. She screamed like crazy and had to go for a walk with my mom while we got Tyce checked out. He has RSV, but in older kids it is a lot like a bad cold. He had a really bad ear infection, and had to have medicine for that. Also with it is heavy secretion out is nose and eyes. This morning his little eyes were mattered shut and his nose was completely caked with green hard mucus. I just have to get it loosed up with a warm rag, and he feels a lot better. He just told me, "Mommy, I love you for cleaning off all my uckys". That makes it all worth it. That, and seeing Trin start to get back to herself, after being so sick. So now if everyone can just get better for good, and I can remember to get everyone all their medicine on time - we should be good to go!! And as a side note - Isn't it funny that there is no time for mommy's to get sick. I have been in the trenches with more throw up and and boogers than you can imagine, but still go to go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Anners,
I'm so sorry to hear about your month from h-e-double hockey stick. It sounds like maybe Tyce will have the last of it. We start Spring Break tomorrow and I can't even wait. I'll be able to call you during the day so we can have a long chat. Hope all is getting better.
Love ya,
Amy
Ann,
I feel for you! One sick kids is terrible, I can't even imagine FOUR! Sounds like you doing a great job though. You must feel more like a pharmacist and cleaning lady than a mom. Hopefully it will pass soon.
Thanks for the lovely comments, you too are such a wonderful mother. I love reading you and Stacies blogs it is insiring to read that other mothers are going through the same things.
Hope the crew gets well soon!
Jenn
Oh Annie Baby...I hope you are making it. RSV is scary stuff! We just found out that a friend of ours has a little guy that has it BAD. He has just been transferred ot a children's hospital last night. Oh man, I saw him and didn't know it was contagious, so now I am praying protection over my little guy BIG time. I pray for your little ones to all be well soon and for you to survive!
Wow Ann! What a trooper you are! We made it through the yuckiness with just one ear infection and minor cold/cough. Joe had the ear infection and threw up after he started his antibiotics (not enough food in his tummy and we were in the car). I am lucky enough to have older children now and they can tell me to "pull over"!!!! Which I had to do twice on the way to Belle and one time coming back. Did Tate go to Districts? We decided not to. Let me know when Baseball starts in Belle-ok? Thanks and God Bless. Michelle
Post a Comment