Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Plum Picking

For the past 3 years or so, we go and pick plums and then make jelly for the year. The boys love doing it, and look forward to it each year. It is definitely a really cool learning experience for kids to go and get something from the earth and then use it. Quite often as they are having a PB & J, they talk about the jelly and how we went and got the fruit, and then made their favorite jelly. I think it will always be one of our family traditions that we do each fall.

















Our little princess in the van staying away from all those yucky bugs-ha ha
Notice the new facial expression - the nose crinkle!



1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

sounds yummy! I miss making jam with my mom. I think that is a tradition I will have to do, only with blackberries! We have tons of blackberry bushes at our summer cottage.